Facebook new-header

Find Solutions To Common Tax Dilemmas

Get the answers to all of your tax questions from the experts at Wabash Tax Service. Learn about tax credits, health insurance penalties, amended returns, and dependents.

Q: How do I know if I qualify for a premium tax credit?

A: Qualification depends on whether you purchase your health insurance through the marketplace and on your

household income.


Q: Will I owe a penalty for no health insurance?

A: If you didn't have the required minimum coverage for the entire year and don't meet one of the exceptions, you will owe a penalty.


Q: What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return that I previously filed already?

A: It depends on the type of mistake that you made: Click here for details about amended returns.


Q: Is there an age limit for claiming children as dependents?

A: Age is a factor in the qualifying child test, but a qualifying relative can be of any age. Click here for full details.


Q: How much money does an unmarried dependent student have to make before he or she has to file an income

tax return?

A: If you are an unmarried dependent, you must file a tax return if your earned and/or unearned income exceeds certain limits. Click here for details.


Q: If I claim my daughter as a dependent because she is a full-time college student, can she claim herself as a dependent when she files her own tax return?

A: If you claim your daughter as a dependent on your income tax return, she cannot claim herself on her own income tax return. Click here for details.


Q: Can we file using our last pay stubs?

A: The IRS says we must have your W-2's to file.


Q: Do we have to pay the preparation fee upfront?

A: No, we can take the fees out of your refund by utilizing one of the bank products like electronic refund checks or electronic refund deposit.


Q: Can I schedule an appointment to come to the office

to file?

A: Yes. Call in now to schedule your appointment on or after Feb 17. If you would like to come in before then, we are taking walk-ins only and offer FAST TRACK for walk-ins to speed up the wait time.


Q: I don't live near Terre Haute. Can I still have your company do my taxes?

A: Yes! You can use our online submission to have us prepare your taxes.

Your Frequently Asked Tax Questions

Get your taxes done today!

Call us at:





Get expert advice on your

tax questions.

Income tax return Calculator Form Phone